December 1, 2022
by Christian Juliano

Good morning,

Welcome to the penultimate edition of the Weekly Roundup this semester. We know, we’re sad too, but let’s enjoy it while it lasts. The Michigan Wolverines enjoyed a monumental victory over the Ohio State Buckeyes on Saturday, all but cementing their place in the College Football Playoff (more on that later). 

Is it too early in the newsletter for self promotion? Trick question: it never is. Commemorate this win forever by purchasing a poster of our front cover “AGAIN” here. Speaking of sports, while you’re at it, subscribe to our flagship sports newsletter Maynard Street Blitz here. Alright, back to your regularly scheduled newsletter.

Tess Crowley/Daily. Buy this photo.

Michigan defeats Ohio State for second year in a row, 45-23

Breaking news: Michigan beat Ohio State this past weekend for the second year in a row. We know, this is the first you’re hearing of this. In all seriousness, the Michigan football team overcame a tough first half and dominated the Buckeyes 45-23 in Columbus thanks to a monster rushing performance by sophomore running back Donovan Edwards and a breakout day for sophomore quarterback J.J. McCarthy. Ahead of their trip to Indianapolis for the Big Ten Championship, the Wolverines are looking to earn another chance at their first national championship in 25 years.

Maria Deckmann/Daily. Buy this photo.

Jury selection begins in trial for former CSE professor Peter Chen

On Monday, the trial of Peter Chen began with the jury selection process at the Washtenaw County Circuit Court in downtown Ann Arbor. Chen is a former U-M professor who is pleading not guilty to criminal sexual conduct in the first degree, which is punishable by life in prison. For more details about the facts of the case and how the proceedings will be conducted, click here.

Maria Deckmann/Daily. Buy this photo.

Pioneer High School closed due to social media threat

A threat was made on social media against Ann Arbor Pioneer High School Monday evening, causing the school to close on Tuesday “out of an abundance of caution,” according to a news release from Ann Arbor Public Schools. Pioneer resumed classes Wednesday, and AAPS Superintendent Jeanice Swift issued a statement encouraging parents “speak with their students regarding the seriousness of posting or spreading social media rumors.”

The biggest news, Tweets, events of interest (and maybe some jokes) captured from Twitter.

The Michigan Daily’s feature photos of the month: November 2022

Feeling déjà vu? That’s because Michigan Football defied odds to knock off No. 2 Ohio State and claim the Big Ten East for the second year in a row. This week’s front page: AGAIN. 

Grab a copy for yourself at newsstands on Wednesday or at our online shop.

© 2022 The Michigan Daily. All Rights Reserved.

VIEW IN BROWSER