With the debuts of John Navarre and Drew Henson in the NFL, all four of Michigan’s most recent signal callers have started a game in the NFL this season. The Michigan Daily compared and ranked the quarterbacks based on their success at Michigan and in the NFL.

1. Tom Brady ’96-’99

Brady led Michigan to a 43-35 overtime victory over Alabama in the 2000 Orange Bowl. He also went 1-1 against Ohio State, including a 24-17 victory in his senior season. His .800 career winning percentage as a Wolverine is tops among these four QBs, and his star rose to new heights after winning two Super Bowl MVP awards. His success in the NFL is by far the best in this group.

2. Brian Griese ’94-’97

Michigan won a national championship in 1997 under Griese, which will make him a favorite in Ann Arbor until the end of time. He was also the ultimate Buckeye killer, going an unbelievable 3-0 versus Ohio State in his career. He also chose to walk on at Michigan, which only adds to his legend. In the pros, Griese earned a Super Bowl ring backing up John Elway and now starts for Tampa Bay.

3. John Navarre ’00-’03

Navarre’s career numbers were not enough to earn widespread adulation from Michigan fans, but they should have been. But Navarre’s .738 winning percentage, 11 career losses as a starter and 1-2 record against the Buckeyes have more to do with his reputation. The recently graduated signal-caller made an inauspicious debut yesterday with the Arizona Cardinals as he threw four interceptions against Detroit.

4. Drew Henson,‘98-‘00

Henson came to campus amid great hype but was unable to beat out Brady for the starting position. While Henson chose to play baseball after only one season as the starter, he did beat Ohio State and helped Michigan to a share of the Big Ten title in 2000. Last week, he was yanked at halftime from his first pro start with Dallas.