bv68m151

OUT & ABOUT

Sarah Royce
Sarah Royce
Sarah Royce

The seventh annual Art Walk through Ann Arbor’s galleries, exhibition spaces and art galleries will take place tomorrow and Saturday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Participants can wander at their leisure through Ann Arbor’s artistic hotspot. Maps for the art walk can be picked up at any participating venue, or downloaded from the Art Walk website at www.annarborartwalk.com.

ON THE PAGE

Tonight, Claire Messud, whose most recent novel, “The Emperor’s Children,” has become a New York Times bestseller, will be at the Residential College Auditorium at 5 p.m. Messud is on campus as part of the Zell Visiting Writers Series, and has been awarded both a Guggenheim and a Radcliffe fellowship. The reading is free and all are encouraged to attend.

ON THE PLATE

“Cooking 101: The Basics” will be held Sunday from 7 to 9 p.m. The introductory cooking class, which will meet in the U-Club at the Michigan Union and continue with the lesson in the Union kitchen, will focus on teaching participants classic, simple Italian dishes such as ravioli and fresh pasta. Participants must register online in advance. The course includes a $10 fee.

ON SCREEN

This Friday, which just happens to be Friday the 13th, M-Flicks will screen the thriller flick “Silence of the Lambs,” starring Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster in Oscar-winning roles, at 9:30 p.m. at the Natural Science Auditorium. Viewers should expect spooks, scares and cannibalism to be had for all. The screening is free and open to the public.