Today, the 20th of April 2009, is my last Monday as an undergraduate at the University. As I braved the elements, which in today’s case presented an unforgiving-of-my-new-haircut downpour, to go to my last lecture, I was sorely disappointed to find that the edition of the Daily had not yet arrived in East Hall. What was I to do? My tradition of drowning out the professor as I tried to complete the crossword was ruined. This daily reaffirmation that my expensive University education has taught me at least enough vocabulary and trivial knowledge to complete the easiest of the week’s puzzles is nothing to scoff at. The fact that I was denied the opportunity to flex my intellectual prowess is very upsetting.

Logging onto your website now, I see that there is an issue and am crushed that your distributors have slacked in their delivery on this most important Monday of my collegiate career. It is now 2:00 p.m., and at work, colleagues and I have gone on a quest and have not yet located an edition in the Natural Science Building, West Hall or East Hall. I really hope that you guys correct this issue tomorrow and that I have a tangible copy of the Daily in my hands. Here’s to hoping that the crossword aficionados can spend the last day of the winter semester enjoying the quiet respite of the daily puzzle.

Nicolette Ognjanovski
LSA senior