Two college-aged men engaged in a debate typical of the basketball courts of the Intramural Sports Building on Tuesday afternoon. They had just finished playing three games of H-O-R-S-E in the farthest corner of the gym, and they continued the one-upmanship associated with the classic backyard basketball game.

The only difference is that the typical debate on the intramural courts isn’t between a Heisman Trophy winner and another NFL-bound quarterback.

Bryce Petty had won two games to Jameis Winston’s one, and the former Baylor quarterback wanted to make sure everyone around him knew.

Winston, though, was unimpressed by Petty’s slight advantage in the games they played with members of an ESPN film crew following the quarterbacks during their preparation for the NFL Draft.

“I’m the champ,” the former Florida State quarterback and 2013 Heisman Trophy winner said. “I’m just resting right now. You know what I’m saying? Don’t listen to that sucker. That’s what I do. I win.”

The two have spent two days in Ann Arbor with their quarterback coach, George Whitfield, as they prepare for the NFL Combine on Wednesday in Indianapolis, where every move they make will be critiqued.

Winston and Petty had been training at Whitfield’s headquarters in San Diego but arrived in the Midwest to adjust to the cold and get off of Pacific Standard Time before the combine begins.

Winston is widely expected to be one of the top picks in the NFL Draft on April 30, and multiple experts have Petty tabbed as a mid-round pick. During their brief time in Ann Arbor, Winston and Petty have worked out in Michigan’s practice facilities with Wolverine wide receivers.

Another main draw of the trip was the chance to learn from Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh, albeit off of the practice field because of NCAA regulations restricting how much time Harbaugh can spend with players on the field at this time of the year.

Harbaugh and Whitfield have been close friends for years, so Whitfield thought working in Ann Arbor would be beneficial for the young quarterbacks.

“His résumé speaks for himself,” Petty told the Daily. “If you know anything about football, you know Coach Harbaugh. It’s been a blast really getting to talk and sit down with him, just to get his advice, his expertise on football and on evaluating and what they’re looking for.

“You don’t get there without being legendary, really. He knows so much about football, has so much to offer as far as the position because he played quarterback (and because of) the position as a head coach in the NFL, what they’re looking for, how to take on going from college to the NFL.”

Added Winston: “These kids are very lucky. Coach Harbaugh is a blessing to this program, and they’re going to win a lot of games.”

Since Harbaugh couldn’t watch the quarterbacks throw, he spent much of his time advising them on how they should carry themselves in an NFL locker room.

“He was telling us that as a quarterback in the NFL, you really got to be the first one in there, last one to leave,” Petty said. “It’s a job, and so you’ve got to treat it as such. Just be professional in what you’re doing and be yourself.”

Both quarterbacks have positive reports about their time off of the football field in Ann Arbor so far. They ate a meal at Mister Spots; Winston ordered a steak sandwich. Petty hoped to try Zingerman’s Deli on Tuesday evening. The quarterbacks also have plans to attend the Michigan men’s basketball game against Michigan State later Tuesday night.

Winston wasn’t fazed by the chilly weather that failed to reach 20 degrees during his visit.

“I loved the weather, I ain’t seen snow all year,” Winston said. “That was a great thing, just out here just enjoying the facilities. This campus is so pretty.”

Added Petty: “As far as facilities go, football-wise, shoot, I don’t know how you turn Michigan down. It’s kind of crazy as far as what they’re offered here to call home.”

There was one facility in Ann Arbor where the star quarterbacks couldn’t spend as much time as they wanted to. It just happened to be the Intramural Sports Building, where being an NFL-bound athlete is no prerequisite to superstardom.

As 5 p.m. approached, Winston, Petty and their film crew were asked to leave the courts so that preparation for Tuesday night’s intramural basketball games could begin. For one last time before their NFL careers begin, Winston and Petty were just your average college students.