Michigan announced Friday morning the second of football coach Jim Harbaugh’s assistant coaching hires. Tim Drevno will join the program as the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach.

Drevno comes to Michigan after spending one year as the running game coordinator and offensive line coach at USC. His three previous coaching stops had been with Harbaugh.

“I am excited to join the University of Michigan and work with Coach Harbaugh again,” Drevno said in a statement. “We have a long history together, and I have great respect for what he has accomplished as a coach. I am excited to be in Ann Arbor and can’t wait to get to work with the players and staff to build on this program’s great tradition.”

From 2011 to 2013, Drevno was Harbaugh’s offensive line coach for the San Francisco 49ers. In 2012, all five of Drevno’s starting offensive linemen were elected to the Pro Bowl.

Drevno was also one of Harbaugh’s assistants during his four years at Stanford. Drevno was Stanford’s tight ends coach for two years before transitioning to offensive line coach for the next two.

The first place where Drevno worked with Harbaugh was at San Diego — then a Division I-AA school — where Drevno was the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach from 2003 to 2006.

“Tim is an outstanding offensive line coach and is a technician that works very hard at making his student-athletes better players and students,” Harbaugh said in a statement.

Drevno replaces former offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier, who took the same position at Florida shortly after Brady Hoke’s firing at Michigan.