The Northwestern Invitational ended yesterday with several season bests for the Michigan women’s golf team.

The Wolverines shot a 54-hole season-low total (892).

Junior Ali Stinson had a season-best score of 217 – 1-over-par – tying for 10th place.

It was also the first time Stinson led the Wolverines this season. The season bests propelled Michigan to a seventh-place finish in the event, held at the Westin Mission Hills Resort in Rancho Mirage, Calif. Kent State won the tournament.

“I was really happy with the way I scored,” said Stinson through the athletic department. “I had some shots that were good at times, but there were also the shots that weren’t good at times. Overall, I was able to score and keep it consistent throughout, get some birdies and a couple of eagles, and I was happy with that.”

Behind Stinson’s superior play, the rest of the Wolverines continued to rack up season bests. Sophomore Lindsay Davis had a season-best 54-hole total of 225, which trumped her previous best by eight strokes. She tied for 36th place.

Shooting a 4-over-par 76 in the first round, junior Julie Inwood had a career-best single round for the third straight tournament and, as an invited individual, finished in a tie for 54th place (233).

Michigan coach Kathy Teichert said she was pleased with the Wolverines’ showing during the two-day event. This was the first tournament for the Wolverines since the SunTrust Lady Gator Invitational on March 11 and 12.

“It was really the first time that we had a chance to get out and play after the work we had put in at home,” said Teichert through the athletic department. “We scored really well before we left for this tournament during practice rounds, and I was very optimistic to see how we would play this weekend. I was just very pleased to see us continue that this weekend.”

The Wolverines need to continue to perform well as NCAA regional selections approach.

“I still feel that this tournament was important for us,” Teichert told the athletic department. “We did pick off a few teams that were ahead of us and held off some others, so that is going to help us down the line. We just need to keep a strong mindset going into Illinois.”

The Wolverines will resume tournament play when they head to Champaign for the Illini Spring Classic on April 14 and 15.