Facing winds up to 20 miles per hour in each of the three rounds, the Michigan women’s golf team wrapped up its regular season with a sixth-place finish (911) at the Lady Buckeye Invitational in Columbus on Saturday and Sunday.

Standing out was sophomore Elodie Van Dievoet, who finished the weekend tied for 12th place (224) and paced the Wolverines as their top individual performer.

“If you look at her rounds, she’s making three-to-five birdies every single round,” said Michigan coach Jan Dowling. “If you’re doing that, you’re going to shoot a pretty good score because you can make a couple mistakes, which all golfers are going to do that.”

While Van Dievoet had the best Saturday, junior Kathy Lim had the strongest finish of all the Wolverines, shooting a team-best 76 in the third and final round Sunday, after opening the weekend with 80-plus scores in the previous two rounds.

“She’s been working really hard on her golf swing and it clicked for her today,” Dowling said. “One thing that’s been holding her back is being able to hit solid drives that start on the line that she wants, and she’s worked hard on her swing and it came together for her today at a really good time.”

Also contributing for Michigan was junior Megan Kim, who excelled on par five holes to shoot one shot under par — good enough for a fourth-place ranking among all competitors.

“She is a great wedge player and a great cutter,” Dowling said. “She knows her strengths, which are her wedge play and her cutting, and she plays to that. … She really has this knack for making birdies on those holes, and it’s a fact she should be very proud of. It’s really impressive.”

With Kim and Van Dievoet leading the way, Michigan, as a team, tallied 25 birdies over the course of the weekend. Only Texas, Michigan State, and Illinois finished with more.

The Wolverines faced no shortage of competition this past Saturday and Sunday, going toe-to-toe with four other top-40 teams, including rival and host Ohio State, which is ranked No. 31 in the country.

“We’re always trying to play in great fields on great golf courses,” Dowling said. “It’s always testing us. Whether we beat those teams, we’re gaining confidence, and if (we’re) losing to them, we always want to be measuring ourselves against the best teams in the country. … We’re learning what it takes to win. Even if we’re not winning, we’re seeing what it took.”

The team has exceeded expectations throughout the year, starting the season outside of the top 60 and rising to its current position at No. 33.

With the season reaching its apex, Michigan will look to carry its momentum and further capitalize on its impressive season into the upcoming Big Ten Championships.