The Michigan women’s basketball team has reached a triple-digit score 14 times in its history, and four of those occasions have come under Michigan coach Kim Barnes Arico. Most recently, the Wolverines dominated Oakland, 101-63, last Friday. 

After winning both games of the season-opening weekend in Crisler Center, Michigan has a chance to continue that streak on Friday and Monday against Howard and Western Michigan, respectively. If it does, Barnes Arico will push her way into the number-three slot of the school’s all-time wins list. She currently holds a .612 winning percentage. 

As of Tuesday, the Wolverines are ranked first in the nation for scoring offense. 

“Everyone that has come in has really contributed and done a great job,” said Michigan coach Kim Barnes Arico said to Michigan Insider. “Right now we’re in a rotation of nine or 10 deep that are really able to contribute.” 

Michigan has promising statistics to bolster its claim to victory, including coming off just the second time in program history that six players scored in double digits. 

Leading the charge against the Bison and Broncos will be junior guard Katelynn Flaherty, freshman guard Kysre Gondrezick and sophomore center Hallie Thome. Sophomore guard Nicole Munger and junior guard Jillian Dunston will most likely make a splash on the court, too. 

“This is the most depth we’ve had since I’ve been here,” Barnes Arico said. “It’s a pretty exciting time because if someone gets in foul trouble, if someone gets hurt, if someone’s not feeling well, if someone’s having an off game, we’ve had someone we’ve been able to sub in and not lose much. 

“It’s still early in the season, and the competition will change, but we really were able to play the entire team the other night and not lose a beat.” 

Another milestone to look out for — potentially — will be senior guard Siera Thompson shooting her way to become the career leader in three-pointers at Michigan. She will need just five 3’s away to surpass Carmen Reynolds, who holds 205. 

Flaherty is jockeying to achieve that milestone, too, already ranking fourth all-time with 188 in just her third year of collegiate play. 

But whoever gets there first will still have to play Howard and Western Michigan. 

The Wolverines will be playing the Bison for the first time in program history. Howard lost its first two games of the season and boasts just two players who are scoring in double digits, guard Te’Shya Heslip and forward Erin Blaine. 

Don’t count the Bison out, though — Heslip is tied for first in her conference for scoring with 24 points per game and leads in assists per game with an average of 6.5. 

Next up are the Broncos, who defeated Davidson in their home opener, 76-63. A player to look out for will be forward Breanna Mobley, who was named both the MAC West Player of the Week and the College Sports Madness MAC Player of the Week. 

Notably, Western Michigan leads the all-time series against Michigan 15-13 — though the Wolverines have won three straight. 

Looking ahead, the Wolverines are gearing up for a seven-game away stretch that will take them all around the nation. But first, they are looking to give a meaningful “see ya later” to Crisler Center. 

“We have a real tough stretch coming up,” Barnes Arico said. “We’re just trying to focus on one game at a time. We’re trying get better as a team today.”