Abby Cole’s plan to play basketball for the Wolverines hasn’t ran into any snags. Michigan volleyball’s 6-foot-5 senior made the announcement that she would play basketball this upcoming season on her Instagram in November, but the move was just made official Thursday.

“Following the holiday break during my sophomore year, I had some honest conversations with (volleyball head coach) Mark Rosen,” Cole told MGoBlue. “He was very supportive of my desire to play basketball again, knowing that my commitment to the volleyball program would not waiver. Mark connected me with Coach Arico, and when she offered me the chance to continue my basketball career, I could not turn her down.”

Cole will finish her final season of volleyball as one of the team captains. The AVCA Second Team All-American just received LeBron James-esque treatment by having her likeness on an enormous poster on the outside of Cliff Keen Arena. After the upcoming volleyball season, Cole will join Kim Barnes Arico’s squad and then will have another year of eligibility left to solely play hoops during the 2017-18 season.

“Her length is incredible, and she moves so well for her size,” Arico said in an interview with MGoBlue. “She is an elite-level athlete who will bring another dimension to our team. When she approached me about playing basketball, I was thrilled. She will be an amazing ambassador for our program.”

In Cole’s senior year of high school in 2013, she was named Class A Player of the Year for basketball and was a Miss Basketball finalist. She racked up two state titles for Grand Haven High School and averaged 13.9 points, 9.6 rebounds and 7.9 blocks per game as a senior. She will play center alongside 6-foot-5 sophomore center Hallie Thome, giving the Wolverines more of a punch down low.

This summer, Cole has played for the U.S. Collegiate National Volleyball Team in China. She was just named tournament MVP while averaging 11.25 kills per match. She is dominating in volleyball at the moment, but will be brushing up on her basketball skills once volleyball season ends. With her being one of Michigan’s best high school basketball players just three years ago, she’ll be a helpful addition to the women’s basketball team that reached the WNIT semifinal in each of the last two seasons.