PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) Police said yesterday they are searching for two missing teen-age sisters from Ypsilanti, who may be traveling in Oregon.

Kala Lynne Haller, 13, and Elizabeth June Haller, 16, were reported missing from their home on Sept. 26, said Beth Anne Steele, an FBI spokeswoman in Portland.

The girls “may have some information about an investigation we are working on” and are considered runaways, Steele said.

Steele would not say if the missing teen-agers had any information related to the investigation of Christian Longo, the man accused of killing his wife and three young children and dumping their bodies off the Oregon coast late last year.

Longo lived in Ypsilanti before he moved with his family to the Newport area in Oregon. The bodies of his wife and young children were found in coastal inlets in December.

Longo, 28, owned a construction cleaning business in Ypsilanti. He was arrested earlier this month in Mexico following an international manhunt.

Steele declined to say if there was any link between the cases, but information developed recently by investigators suggested the girls might know something about an FBI case.

“That”s why we want to find them,” she said.

Kala Haller is described as 5-foot-3 and 130 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes. Elizabeth Haller is about 5-foot-4, weighs 125 pounds and has brown hair and hazel eyes.

Both girls sometimes wear glasses.

Steele said they could be traveling in Portland, Bend or Baker City. Anyone with information was asked to call the Portland FBI at (503) 224-4181.