PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) A missing Michigan girl who police think is in Oregon met Christian Longo, the man accused of killing his family and dumping them in the Pacific Ocean, over the Internet, the girl”s stepmother said yesterday.

Kala Haller, 13, and her 16-year-old sister Elizabeth have been missing from their Ypsilanti home since Sept. 26, when they left their bedroom in the middle of the night through an open window and stole the family”s car, said Donna Haller, the girls” stepmother.

Longo, who owned a construction cleaning business in Ypsilanti, moved with his family to the Newport area about three months before the bodies of his wife and children were found in coastal inlets in Waldport, Ore. and Newport, Ore., between Dec. 19 and Dec. 27.

Longo, 28, was arrested in Mexico earlier this month following an international manhunt. He is charged with seven counts of aggravated murder and is lodged in Lincoln County Jail.

Kala Haller called an Oregon emergency dispatcher late Sunday, whispering into a cell phone that she had been kidnapped, The Oregonian reported. Kala said she was speaking on an abductor”s cell phone in a blue Honda parked in a McDonald”s parking lot in east Portland.

A police search of the area turned up no Honda, said Angela Blanchard, a spokeswoman for the Clackamas County sheriff”s office.