With 37 seconds remaining in the Michigan”s 104-83 loss to No. 1 Duke, senior tri-captain Chris Young left the court to a standing ovation.

Chris Young played to the level of preseason Naismith Award candidate Carlos Boozer, scoring 25 points.<br><br>DANNY MOLOSHOK/Daily

As well he should have.

Young was the lone bright spot for the Wolverines on an otherwise depressing day, posting a career-high 25 points despite being matched up against preseason Naismith Award candidate Carlos Boozer. His previous high (22) was set just three days earlier, against IUPU-Fort Wayne.

Young attributes his recent successes to confidence in his game.

The confidence has spread.

“He”s got a great jump hook, he”s athletic and 6-foot-9,” guard Gavin Groninger said. “We know that he can score against anyone in the Big Ten anyone in the country.”

“Chris Young was sensational,” said Duke”s legendary coach Mike Krzyzewski. “He”s very difficult to defend in the post, and they do really good things to get him the ball.”

Gospel of K: Duke”s “Cameron Crazies.” are one of the best student sections in all of college sports. Once the action starts, their volume and intensity create a huge home-court advantage for the Blue Devils.

Since Michigan brought in head coach Tommy Amaker, a former player and assistant at Duke, things have changed at Crisler Arena.

Students have moved closer to the court and the “Maize Rage” has grown significantly.

But Krzyzewski thinks that more changes are in order.

“They should put more student seats there,” said Krzyzewski. “It would be interesting if they had them first-come, first-serve like we do. We don”t charge our students. That”s one of the neat things about our place the students don”t get charged. They get the best seats and we still make a lot of money.”

Backward forwards: Last season, forwards LaVell Blanchard and Bernard Robinson led Michigan in scoring, posting a combined 32.2 points per game.

But this year the two have struggled to find their offensive touch in the new system. On Saturday both of the Wolverines” stars were held scoreless in the first half. Blanchard and Robinson finished the game with 16 and four points, respectively. But most of those baskets came in garbage time.

“We need our better players to play better,” Amaker said.

Blanchard was forced to sit because of foul trouble, but Robinson simply wasn”t able to connect on his shots he missed nine of 11.

No Moore?: After sitting out of his fourth straight game because of a herniated disc in his back, sophomore Josh Moore is at the end of his rope.

The 7-foot-2 center said that he was going to speak with Amaker “as soon as possible” and that right now he considers taking a medical redshirt to be his best option.

Notes: Freshman guard Marcus Bennett, who has been benched for academic reasons, said that his “day-to-day” status will finally be resolved “no later than Wednesday” Krzyzewski is now 13-0 against his former assistants and players Freshman Dommanic Ingerson has replaced former walk-on Mike Gotfredson as the team”s No. 2 point guard.