BOWLING GREEN There”s an old saying in baseball, “Hit “em where they ain”t.”

Senior co-captain Melissa Taylor is leading Michigan in hitting and on base percentage this season at .456 and .479 respectively.<br><br>BRAD QUINN/Daily

For Michigan”s Nate Wright that means over the fence,

“I have been hitting a lot of balls hard,” Wright said after extending his homer streak to three consecutive games. “It just seems like they”ve been right at someone, unless I hit it out of the park.”

Four separate homeruns helped propel the Wolverines (9-8) to a 7-4 win last night against Bowling Green (11-5).

After falling behind 2-0, Michigan got on the board in the third inning when the Falcons” Keith Laughlin walked Jordan French to force in Scott Tousa, who had reached base on one of his patented bunt singles.

But the Wolverines” offense really found its stride in the sixth.

It started when designated hitter C.J. Ghannam sent Laughlin to the showers with a solo shot.

His replacement fared no better. Brandon Henry was on the receiving end of two more Michigan long balls during his three innings on the mound.

But Bowling Green fought back in the eighth to tie the score at four. A bubbled ball at short trickled into center, allowing the Falcons” Lee Morrison to advance to second on the error. That enabled Scott Dukate to knot the score with a two-out blast over the left field wall.

Michigan was quick to respond.

Brock Koman led off the ninth with a huge bomb to left. Once again Bowling Green coach Danny Schmitz called to the bullpen but even closer Clayton Booth was not immune to the homerun bug.

Wright”s team-leading fourth round-tripper of the season gave Michigan all the scoring it would need.

The Wolverines may have done even more damage if Bowling Green”s Len Elias hadn”t made a terrific catch at the wall to end the rally.

“I was really pleased with the way we responded in the ninth,” Michigan coach Geoff Zahn said. “We got some clutch hitting there when we needed it.”

Jeff Trzos pitched the ninth to earn the save. He took advantage of an expanded strike zone created by the increasing levels of cold and dark by striking out the side all looking.

“Jeff has a high ERA (10.80 entering last night) but he is throwing the ball great,” Michigan pitching coach Steve Foster said.

Jim Brauer (1-0) secured his first win in relief of No. 2 starter Nick Alexander.

“All of our guys pitched well tonight,” Zahn said.