Despite the inclement weather, the atmosphere inside the World of Beer — Ann Arbor’s latest addition to the South University Avenue bar scene — was far from downcast during its grand opening Monday.

The craft beer establishment — which opened its first location in Tampa, Florida in 2007 and now has several locations across the Midwest — is located on the corner of South University Avenue and South Forest Avenue at the base of the Landmark apartment complex.

The bar features over 500 domestic, imported and craft beers with 40 rotating draughts providing an array of local Michigan and Ann Arbor brews.

University alums Steve Rossi and Chad Wilson are the owners of World of Beer. Rossi said he hoped their bar would become another facet of the vast craft brewery presence already in the city, which consists of establishments such as Ashley’s, Arbor Brewing Company and Grizzly Peak Brewing Company.

“We have nothing but the utmost respect for Ashley’s,” Wilson said. “They’ve done a phenomenal job over the years and they still do.”

The 3,200 square-foot space is highlighted by an elevated stage for musicians and offset by a full bar — which showcases numerous coolers of its regional and international offerings. A large garage door separates the interior from the patio area outside — a design choice that Wilson said was inspired by the original Florida location and functions to “encompass that open-air feeling.”

Wy Adams, manager at the neighboring Good Time Charley’s, said he could not recall any other addition quite like World of Beer on the block.

“I think it adds another dynamic to things because it’s a live music venue,” Adams said.

Adams said he welcomed the new addition to the lineup of campus bars. He said the new bar will not likely infringe on the clientele at Charley’s because craft beer does not usually find its market among undergraduates.

“The more competition, I think, is better because it’ll bring more people,” he said.

Though the bar does not have a kitchen, they have partnered with several local establishments, allowing patrons to order from one of several Ann Arbor restaurants — including Pizza House, Maize & Blue Delicatessen and Mr. Spot’s — which can be delivered directly to the bar.

“We have the best menu in town because we’ve got all the restaurants — you can get whatever you want,” Wilson said. “And if we don’t have something, you can bring whatever you want.”

The drink menu features an array of daily specials as well as a loyalty program that can be accessed through The World of Beer App for Apple and Android devices.

Wilson said the knowledgeable employees were his establishment’s greatest component.

“They learn everything there is to learn about beer — they learn the ingredients, they learn how it’s made, they learn the breweries, (and) the brewery histories,” he said.

Wilson said his staff could help guide customers who range from the novices to the beer connoisseur in deciding on flavor, styles of beer and pairings.

“We wanted to change the dynamic down here on South U a little — offer the students a different alternative,” he said. “If they haven’t already gotten into craft beer, we wanted to try to get them (into it).”

Correction appended: A previous version of this article misstated in the headline that the bar served 500 draught beers. It does not. The headline has been changed to be more accurate.