Against Minnesota last Sunday, the Wisconsin women’s basketball team accomplished an incredible feat.

The Badgers went without a field goal in the final 10 minutes of the game — typically a death wish in the game of basketball — and won. The 47-42 victory against the Golden Gophers is a perfect example of what Wisconsin prides itself on.

“They are very good defensively,” Michigan coach Kevin Borseth said on Tuesday. “They are just an absolute lock you down, don’t let you score type of team.”

There’s no doubt that Michigan (2-2 Big Ten, 9-7 overall) will have to bring it’s offensive ‘A’ game on Sunday. The Badgers give up an average of just 58 points per contest, second in the Big Ten.

But Wisconsin’s overall record is deceiving. The Badgers (3-1, 8-8), who at one point lost seven-straight games this season, have been without senior Lin Zastrow for much of the year.

Zastrow has suffered multiple injuries this year — her most recent being a head injury that she endured in practice two weeks ago. In her return on Sunday, Zastrow poured in a career-high 21 points against Minnesota, and the 6-foot-4 forward will look to wreak havoc down low against the Wolverines.

Borseth and Michigan will be well-aware of Zastrow, but she’s not the only one who can score for Wisconsin.

“They’re all good,” Borseth said. ”Every one of those kids takes their turn. Last year, (sophomore guard Taylor Wurtz) killed us. She had (27) in the game down there.”

But neither Wurtz nor Zastrow is the Badgers’ leading scorer. Senior guard Alyssa Karel is averaging 14.5 points per contest. Clearly, Michigan will have its hands full on the defensive end as well.

“Wisconsin has always played us tough,” junior guard Courtney Boylan said on Tuesday. “I think they’ve been one of the toughest teams in the conference, personally.”

Like Michigan, the Badgers have struggled on the boards so far this year. Wisconsin is averaging only 33 rebounds per game, compared to the Wolverines’ 31. For Michigan, which is last in the Big Ten in rebounding, that two-rebound difference doesn’t seem so bad.

But the Wolverines will also be without one of the team’s leading rebounders, sophomore Nya Jordan, who has been out with a knee injury that she suffered two weeks ago in a victory against then-No. 12 Ohio State.

“She’s a great rebounding guard,” senior guard Veronica Hicks said of Jordan. “She has a quickness and she just has a nose for the ball. That’s something we’re missing.”

The Badgers, on the other hand, will have Zastrow — who is second on the team with six rebounds per game — and her presence will no doubt boost the team’s rebounding averages in the coming games.

But more than anything, Michigan would just like to get back to the top of the conference rankings. The Wolverines started the conference off with wins against Ohio State and Iowa, both top-15 teams at the time. Since then, they lost their last two matchups and dropped to a fourth-place tie in the conference.

“Those (past games) are over with,” Borseth said. “We supply effort to get the next game done, because the other ones don’t mean anything at all. We’ve either won them or lost them. Those are done and we’re onto the next game.”

Added Hicks: “It’s easy to have confidence when you’re undefeated in conference, but now is when we really find out what this team is made out of. We’ll see come Sunday.”