The No. 12 Michigan women’s lacrosse team drubbed Western Michigan, 21-2 on Friday at Oosterbaan Fieldhouse.

The Wolverines were aggressive from the start, attacking the goal early and often, scoring a flurry of five goals within the first 10 minutes. Michigan’s attack overwhelmed Western Michigan, easily penetrating its zone defense.

Michigan sophomore attacker Ifat Ribon and junior attacker Amanda Schutte led the offensive onslaught with three goals apiece. She easily slithered through the Bronco defense with her fancy footwork, often finding open teammates.

“Before every game we make sure to talk about how we’re going to come out strong and play all 60 minutes strong,” Ribon said. “So I think we did a great job starting that right away.”

With the win, the Wolverines (6-4) extended their winning streak to six after starting the season with five consecutive losses against four top-10 Women’s Division Intercollegiate Associates teams.

Michigan’s defense stifled the Bronco attack as well. Wolverine defenders limited the number of shots on goal and limited the number of possessions for Western Michigan.

“Our defense does a great job closing out the gaps,” Michigan coach Jen Dunbar said. “Man-to-man defense was great … our team defense did a good job.”

The team’s depth also gave the Wolverines an added advantage against the shorthanded Broncos. They substituted numerous players, constantly giving the team a fresh pair of legs to work with.

“Everyone works well with different people and there’s not really issues with different people playing with each other,” Schutte said. “As you could tell they had one sub and we had 15, so we have a big team but everyone is worthy of being here.”

Michigan’s depth allowed freshman attacker and leading scorer Sam Zetlin some rest after netting the first goal of the match. Zetlin was listed as probable prior to the match despite suffering from shin problems. The freshman scored two goals in limited playing time, bringing her season total to 25.

The Wolverines’ victory sustains their momentum from comeback victories against Miami University and No. 14 Pittsburgh last weekend.