Tomorrow, after upsetting No. 25 Michigan State in East Lansing on Thursday, the Michigan men’s basketball team takes on a Big Ten bottom-dwelling Iowa team in Ann Arbor.

Most would think it would be a breeze, but the Wolverines (2-6 Big Ten, 12-9 overall) aren’t overlooking anyone.

“Last time I checked our record’s 2-6,” sophomore point guard Darius Morris said Friday. “We need any win we can get. And (Iowa) is really good … We need to really focus and prepare like every other game, with tremendous focus.”

Iowa (1-7, 8-12) picked up its lone Big Ten victory over Indiana last week. But that’s the Hawkeyes’ only win in their past eight games.

And on top of that poor streak, Iowa will also be fighting against history. Michigan has won the last four matchups between the two teams, and seven of the last eight meetings.

The Wolverines are riding a high after Thursday night’s upset over the Spartans.

“We want to look at (the Michigan State win) and take it to the next game,” junior guard Stu Douglass said Friday. “But we don’t want to keep thinking about this last game and coming out and trying to be overconfident with our shots. We really prided ourselves on running the offense and not taking bad shots early in the shot clock.”

That offense was guided by Morris who, after a few disappointing showings, came up big against Michigan State with 17 points and eight assists. The point guard looked focused and more controlled than he has in the past and directed the offense with precision.

The Wolverines are hoping the team’s 3-point shooting carries over into their game against Iowa, too. Against Michigan State, Michigan shot 50 percent from the floor and drained 10 3-pointers, including six from junior Zack Novak.

Although it was a huge win for the Wolverines, they were in a similar position as Iowa is now — the upset snapped Michigan’s six-game losing streak. But now the team is looking to gain consistency with ten games remaining in its Big Ten slate.

“Now that we got this win, we erase it out of minds and do all that we can to go 1-0 on Sunday,” Morris said. “That’s just the main goal — to move onto the next game as quickly as possible and when you’re low, don’t get too low and when you’re high, don’t get too high.

“So we really need to come back down and really get focused for this game.”

Junior guard Matt Gatens leads the Hawkeyes with 13 points per game and is just 28 points from reaching 1,000 points for his career.

But the Hawkeyes’ defense could disrupt the Wolverines’ perimeter-based offense. In Iowa’s eight victories, it has held its opponents to 23-percent shooting from behind the arc — which is where Michigan has seemed most comfortable this season.

In Friday’s practice, the Wolverines watched highlights from the Michigan State win — everything from defensive stops to the managers’ reactions to big shots.

But that was the end of the discussion of the game, because Michigan coach John Beilein knows a 1-7 team from Iowa is just as dangerous in Ann Arbor, as his then- 1-6 team was in East Lansing.

“Our kids, I don’t know if they even follow the records — it’s just another game,” Beilein said Friday. “We’ve had very good crowds at home … We want to play well at home, without question.”