After a disappointing second-round loss in the Big Ten Tournament last week, the Michigan women’s basketball team will get a chance to redeem itself in the WNIT.

The Wolverines will play host to America East Conference runner-up Stony Brook Friday evening, marking their fifth consecutive year participating in a postseason tournament.

The Seawolves (23-10) fell well short in their quest for their first-ever conference tournament championship, stumbling at the hands of top-seeded Albany, 70-46, on March 10.

Michigan coach Kim Barnes Arico spent her freshman year at Stony Brook, a Division III school at the time, in 1988-89 before transferring to Montclair State. The Seawolves’ leading scorers include Sabre Proctor, a 6-foot junior averaging more than 14 points per game, and Chikilra Goodman, a senior guard who averages 11.7 points and 3.3 assists per game.

Should the Wolverines advance, they would play host to the winner of Friday’s game between Duquesne and Mount St. Mary’s. Second-round games are scheduled for between Mar. 22 and Mar. 25.

Though game time hasn’t yet been announced for Friday’s first-round matchup, all eight Michigan’s weeknight home games this season started at 7 p.m. General admission tickets are $8 for adults and $4 for children, while Michigan students receive free admission with their Mcard.

The Wolverines missed out on a possible automatic bid to the WNIT, which is awarded to the team with the highest RPI in a conference after NCAA Tournament selections. Minnesota earned that honor instead, holding the tiebreaker over Michigan due to an 85-69 victory on Feb. 1 in the lone meeting of the season between the two schools.

But the Wolverines got an at-large bid and a home game anyway.

Other Big Ten schools receiving at-large bids were Northwestern and Indiana, leaving the conference four total representatives in the WNIT, to go along with five teams in the NCAA Tournament.

This year’s WNIT field is a strong one — of the 64 participating teams, 35 finished the regular season with at least 20 wins. The all-time record was set in 2013, when the field included 36 such teams.