The Michigan hockey team entered the weekend coming off of their first win in six games. After tonight, it looks like they will be winning a lot more.

The Wolverines restored the home ice advantage at Yost that was missing in previous series, dominating Minnesota 6-0 at Yost Ice Arena.

Sophomore David Wohlberg got the scoring going late in the first when he put a backhand past Gopher goalie Alex Kangas.

That started a run of goals for the Michigan left wingers. Four of the six goals scored by the Wolverines came from left wingers. Junior Carl Hagelin was the only one to score twice while freshmen Jeff Rohrkemper was the only left winger left off the score sheet.

Two non-left wings put Michigan up 3-0. Sophomore Brandon Burlon let a rocket go from the point and junior Louie Caporusso put one in off of a Minnesota player’s skate.

After that it was back to the left wingers for the remainder of the scoring. Hagelin snuck past the Minnesota defense and took a pass from Lee Moffie with just under two minutes left. As Hagelin was being hauled down, he got a wrist shot off that found that went past the right pad of Kangas.

Hagelin followed that up in the third period by skating past the defense again, this time short handed. Junior Matt Rust found him and Hagelin went forehand to backhand and slide it five-hole for the fifth goal of the game.

Despite the five goals, Minnesota left Kangas in, and minutes later third-line winger Ben Winnett added to the suffering and scored the final goal for the Wolverines, picking up his own rebound and depositing it into the top corner.

Kangas’ counterpart, Bryan Hogan made 23 stops for his first shutout this season. The Wolverines have now won two in a row for the first time since a Halloween weekend sweep against Lake Superior State.