Coming off two dominating performances against St. Louis and Fairfield at home last weekend, the No. 17 Michigan field hockey team traveled to Lewisville, Pa. and defeated Bucknell, 2-0, on Saturday.

The Wolverines dominated defensively, limiting the Bison to five shots, and just three shots on goals.

In the first half, Michigan’s offense struggled to find consistency. After a shot on goal from junior forward Michelle Roberts at the 6:39 mark, the Wolverine offense went cold, not registering another shot until the 21st minute.

It took freshman defender Jaime Dean’s green card in the 19th minute to energize the team. Moments after the penalty, freshman defender Aisling Naughton — the reigning Big Ten Freshman of the Week — assisted on a breakaway goal by sophomore forward Emy Guttman to give the Wolverines a 1-0 lead going into the half. Guttman’s goal was her first of the season, making her the 11th player to score for the Wolverines this year.

In the second half it was the Rachael Mack show. The junior forward took three of her five shots in the second half. Most importantly, she had the definitive, backbreaking goal in the 45th minute.

Coming on the Wolverines’ only corner of the game, Mack sank the goal in the net after passes from senior midfielder Leisl Morris and redshirt sophomore defender Leslie Smith.

It was Mack’s eighth goal of the season. She leads the team in goals and is fifth in the Big Ten. The junior also recently joined a prestigious list of Wolverines.

Mack’s goal Saturday gave her 41 career goals, which is good for sole possession of 6th all-time in Michigan history. She trails Molly Powers (1999-2002) by three goals for fifth all-time.

Goalkeeper Hayley Jones recorded her third shutout, making all three of her saves in the second half.

The Wolverines will open their Big Ten schedule against Penn State (1-0 Big Ten, 7-1 overall) Sunday at noon.