The concept of a loss is rare for the Michigan women’s tennis team, and one that comes against a team like Penn State is even rarer.

Guess who comes to Ann Arbor this weekend?

Michigan seems to have no problem coming away with wins. In fact, just saying that the team winning is probably a disservice to the team’s overall talents. The Wolverines’ style of play can be better categorized as domination.

Following an absolutely pinnacle performance over both Wisconsin and Minnesota, both of whom Michigan shut out 7-0, the Wolverines look to continue their pursuit of a perfect Big Ten conference record when they return to Ann Arbor this weekend to face archrival Ohio State on Saturday and Penn State on Sunday.

Despite the high level of success Michigan is achieving, the team is still preparing for both matches just as it always does: one at a time.

“They’re really good competitors … we need to be ready to compete,” Michigan coach Ronni Bernstein said.

The Buckeyes (3-1 Big Ten, 10-8 overall) currently sit in third place in the Big Ten standings and are ready to try to grab their first win over the Wolverines in more than a year. But the Nittany Lions (0-4, 5-11) are simply looking for their first Big Ten win. And Michigan might pose a very difficult, if not painful, challenge towards Penn State’s pursuit of that first win.

Michigan not only boasts a 15-3 overall record, but a 21-3 record, historically, over Penn State.

It will certainly not help either the Buckeyes or the Nittany Lions that they are playing in Ann Arbor, where the Wolverines have won 17-straight matches.

“We’re comfortable, it’s our home court which we play on every day,” Bernstein said. “It’s definitely an advantage, but we’ve still got to take care of business, which fortunately we’ve been able to do at home.”

That may be an understatement. Michigan has an astounding 38-2 record under Bernstein at home since she took over in the 2006-07 season.

The drive towards a perfect conference record is not the only thing the Wolverines will be working towards this weekend. Senior Denise Muresan, the defending Big Ten Player of the Year, could potentially tie a school record this weekend. Sitting at 102 career wins, Muresan needs two more match wins to tie Chisako Sugiyama (2006-09).

However, Muresan is not letting the hype go to her head.

“It’s really exciting … we’ve worked so hard and I’ve worked really hard,” Muresan said. “But I try not to think about it. I don’t want to put that kind of pressure on myself, and I just take it one match at a time.”

Record setting seems to be all the hype this week, as freshman Brooke Bolender has officially tied current sophomore Mimi Nguyen for most wins by a freshman in a season with 28.

The Wolverines appear to have struck a gold mine with all their talent and success. Michigan has reached a point where a feat like winning a conference championship is an expectation. But the success this team is having on the court comes from more than just raw talent.

“They buy in and work extremely hard,” Bernstein said. “We have good kids within our program and when you have kids that want to get better and work hard, you’re going to have some good results.”