Rowling may become billionaire The Internet Movie Database reports that Philip Beresford, writer of the Sunday Times of London annual Rich List, predicts that J.K. Rowling will become the first billionaire writer. The author of the highly successful “Harry Potter” series is worth an estimated $100 million. Rowling will be receiving one percent of the gross from the “Potter” films and five percent from the revenue from the sale of toys.

Filming to resume after Del Toro/Jones fight Filming for Paramount Pictures “The Hunted” will resume on Jan. 7 in Portland, Ore., after shutting down while star Benicio Del Toro nursed a broken wrist. Del Toro was injured while filming a fight scene with co-star Tommy Lee Jones. Zap2it.com reports that insurance will cover the entire delay and that the William Friedkin (“The Exorcist”) film will be released in Oct. 2002. The film centers on Del Toro as an assassin hunted by tracker Jones.

Coen”s “Man” filmed in color The Coen brothers latest film “The Man Who Wasn”t There” is now being played around the country in black and white, but USA films had the brothers film have an alternative print in color, according to Entertainment Weekly. The studio was afraid that the black and white film would not sell in the foreign video market. In order to get the movie made, the brothers agreed, but with the stipulation that all theatrical prints would only be black and white.

“Starsky and Hutch” update to feature Snoop Dogg as Huggy Bear Snoop Dogg is slated to star in the film version of the “70s TV series. The film will be directed by Todd Phillips (“Road Trip”) and will star Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson as the famous duo. According to upcomingmovies.com, there has been talk of getting Antonio Fargas, the original Huggy Bear, to reprise the role, but Stiller expressed his interest in having Snoop Dogg play the role.

Gayheart gets probation for child-killing incident Actress and former Noxzema girl Rebecca Gayheart pleaded no contest to charges of striking and killing a 9-year-old boy with her SUV on June 13 in Hollywood. Zap2it.com reports that an L.A. Superior Court commissioner sentenced Gayheart to three years probation, a suspended license and mandatory participation in a drivers-safety video.

Dangerfield hospitalized Eighty-year-old comedian Rodney Dangerfield has been hospitalized after a heart attack. The Internet Movie Database reports that the star of “Caddyshack” and “Ladybugs” is expected to make a full recovery and return home in the next few days.

Did You Know?

In “South Park: Bigger Longer, and Uncut,” the Canadian Prime Minister quickly shows a pie chart with the breakdown of the entire Canadian economy. The economy is based around Terrence and Phillip, the snow ball machine industry, the tourist industry, the log industry, the porn industry the “Dion Fish” industry and X-files filming.

Source: IMDB