‘Memento’ director signs on for new Batman movie – CNN reported that Christopher Nolan, who directed the hit “Memento” in 2001, has signed a deal with Warner Bros. to direct a new Batman film, but it has not been decided whether he will write the script himself.

Nolan expressed his enthusiasm for the project and his long-time interest in the character, saying, “He is the most credible and realistic of the superheroes, and has the most complex human psychology. His superhero qualities come from within. He’s not a magical character.” Neither Nolan nor Warner Bros. will reveal how the franchise will be changed or what the plot of the new film will be. Warner Bros. has tried several times to resurrect the series, but no project has reached the production stage.

Supreme Court rules in favor of “Barbie Girl” – The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Aqua, a Danish pop group, did not break any trademark laws with their 1997 song “Barbie Girl.” Billboard.com reported that the court rejected Mattel’s appeal in its lawsuit against MCA Records, saying that the song was “parody and social commentary,” and is protected as free speech.

No surprises for SAG nominations – The nominees for the 9th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards were announced Tuesday. Both “The Hours” and “Chicago,” which are currently considered the frontrunners for the Oscars, were well represented, with Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore and Ed Harris being nominated for “The Hours” and Ren