Essential Clash set for March release – Epic will release the two-disc set, which covers the history of The Clash, on March 11. Although the collection is coming out soon after the death of frontman Joe Strummer, the CD has been in the works for some time. Strummer personally selected the 40 tracks, which have been digitally remastered for this release.

Billboard reports that unlike some of the other “Best of”-type albums that The Clash have released in the past, this collection is arranged in rouhgly chronological order.

Gibb brothers demand explanation for Maurice’s death – Barry and Robin Gibb have vowed to investigate the circumstances of their brother’s death. CNN reported that the surviving Bee Gees members have questioned the manner in which the Miami Mount Sinai Medical Center treated Maurice’s illness and the possibility that he was diagnosed incorrectly.

In a statement released to the public, the brothers said, “The fact that they had to operate on Maurice during the shock of cardiac arrest is questionable. We will pursue every element, every second of the timeline, of the final hours of Maurice’s life. We will pursue that relentlessly. That will be our quest from now on.”

Maurice Gibb was admitted to Mount Sinai last Wednesday complaining of stomach problems and underwent an operation after he suffered a heart attack. Doctors had to remove 80 percent of his stomach during surgery.

‘Friends’ not quite over – It’s official. After weeks of rumors and delays, Marta Kauffman, one of the creators of the long-running sitcom, announced that there will be a 10th season of “Friends.” The decision comes as a surprise to many, since most of the cast did not seem very anxious to do a ninth season.

According to Zap2it.com, cast member Lisa Kudrow said, “There was a lot of talk among the cast, how many (episodes) would be reasonable to do, how many we felt like doing. At this point, everybody is at such a different stage of their life that doing this show might not suit everybody’s life right now.”

The 10th season will have only 18 episodes, compared with the normal run of 24 episodes.