Kevin Smith lectures on DVD – The writer/director, known to most as Silent Bob, is releasing “An Evening with Kevin Smith,” a collection of question and answer sessions from his college lecture circuit, a lucrative tour that Smith calls his “bread and butter.” The DVD, which contains several of the sessions, is being released Dec. 17.

Fred Durst settles ‘Anger Management’ Lawsuit – MTV reported that the Limp Bizkit frontman has settled a $5 million battery lawsuit filed against him in November 2001. Lighting technician Connie Paulson claimed that after a show on the “Anger Management” tour, Durst threw a microphone at her in a “fit of rage,” breaking her nose, giving her two black eyes and knocking out one of her teeth.

Durst’s lawyer called the incident “an unfortunate accident,” and expressed his hope that “nothing like this will ever happen again, to anyone.” The terms of the settlement have not been released.

21 Jump Street: The Movie? – Paramount is working on a film version of the popular series that brought Johnny Depp stardom and brought Richard Grieco … well, “If Looks Could Kill” was pretty good. The Internet Movie Database reported that Stephen J. Cannell and Patrick Hasburgh, who created the series, are working on a script for the film, which does not yet have a release date.

“21 Jump Street” appeared on Fox from 1987-92 and followed the lives of undercover police officers who were sent back to high school to crack down on crime.