The University’s Board of Regents will consider a contract extension for University Provost Martha Pollack and discuss a handful of new construction initiatives and academic programs at their monthly meeting Thursday.

Absent from the meeting’s agenda agenda was any talk of campus diversity, an issue which has been discussed through student demonstrations numerous times in the last two weeks.

Protesters from By Any Means Necessary, a national organization fighting for affirmative action, immigration rights and general equality, shut down last month’s meeting, causing the regents to relocate and bar entry to the subsequent meeting.

Regardless, the University said the regents’ actions complied with the state’s Open Meetings Act.

Regents to approve reappointment of Provost Pollack

University President Mark Schlissel has recommended the reappointment of current Provost Martha Pollack. If approved by the regents, her new contract will last through June 30, 2018.

The provost is the University’s chief budgetary and academic officer. The role oversees teaching and research in each of the University’s institute and 19 schools and colleges.

Originally appointed by President Emerita Mary Sue Coleman in Jan. 2013, the regents confirmed the selection in Feb. 2013.

Pollack’s original two-year contract was set to expire this spring. She replaced former University Provost Phil Hanlon, who left the University to assume the presidency of Dartmouth College.

The contract renewal marks Schlissel’s second major decision in shaping his cabinet of executive officers. Last month, Schlissel appointed Dr. Marschall Runge, executive dean of the School of Medicine at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, to lead the University of Michigan Health System as its chief executive officer.

The regents will also approve his appointment Thursday.

The University’s executive leadership team still has several positions filled by interim appointees. S. Jack Hu has served as the University’s interim vice president for research since Stephen Forrest stepped down last year. Douglas Strong has served as the University’s interim chief financial officer and executive vice president since Tim Slottow left the University last year to head the University of Phoenix.

In October, Schlissel appointed Jim Hackett to serve as interim athletic director after former Athletic Director Dave Brandon resigned amid widespread public criticism.

Regents to approve discontinuance of Masters of Entrepreneurship

Faculty affiliated with the Masters of Entrepreneurship program conducted an extensive review of the program over the summer where they concluded that the program did not have enough students enrolled, “despite substantial marketing efforts.”

The communication to the regents reads that, despite under enrollment, “the program is of high academic quality” and adequately prepares students for careers in entrepreneurship.

The review showed that 2014 enrollment in the program was at 23 students, and would decline to 11 for the class of 2015. The program needed at least 35 students to be “financially viable.”

Regents to approve set of new construction projects

The new initiatives will, if passed, will include:

A $2.6 million roof replacement for the Michigan League. Currently, nearly half of the roof is the building’s original, 85-year-old tile, while the remaining flat roof has been in place for between 23 and 28 years.

A $9 million renovation to 17,900 square feet of unoccupied space in University Hospital South. The project is part of larger “capacity improvement initiatives,” and aims to create a 21-bed medical short stay unit.

A budget extension for the Art and Architecture Building’s A. Alfred Taubman Wing project from $28 million to $28.5 million. The initiative was approved in March 2014, allowing for the construction of a 36,000 square foot addition to the building for studio space, faculty offices and more. It is set for completion in Fall 2017.

Central Student Government to discontinue Night Owl bus route

After roughly one year of service, the Night Owl will no longer run. CSG President Bobby Dishell, a Public Policy senior, wrote in a memo to the regents that the late-night bus service is being cancelled “as a result of no longer being able to financially support the service.”

The routes are funded equally by CSG and the Interfraternity Council, with each contributing $15,000. The system currently employs two Blue Buses Thursday through Saturday from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. each night. It was launched in Winter 2014 under former CSG president Michael Proppe, now a graduate student in the Ross School of Business.

At the time of its launch, Proppe said he hoped the administration would ultimately fund the bus routes.