Cougar pride: Washington State took yet another step toward its second Pac-10 title in school history with a come-from-behind 32-21 win over Oregon. The win, coupled with Oklahoma’s loss to Texas A&M, should move the Cougars up in the BCS.
Quarterback Jason Gesser threw for four touchdown passes, including two scored within the span of a minute in the fourth quarter. The Cougars, who were trailing by three points, ended up scoring the final 15 points of the contest.
Jermaine Green also had a tremendous offensive performance, rushing for a career-high 180 yards.
Fiesta time: The Buckeyes no longer have look over their shoulders, as they have a clear path to the Fiesta Bowl if they win out – thanks to a dramatic 10-6 win over Purdue on Saturday.
Trailing by three points late in the fourth, facing 4th-and-1 at the Purdue 37-yard line, Ohio State ran up to the line without a huddle looking to pass.
Krenzel scrambled to avoid the rush and threw a wobbly pass to Michael Jenkins for the eventual winning score.
“I knew all the guys wanted it. We needed it,” Jenkins said. “This was kind of like our season right here and they wanted to spoil it. It’s a great feeling.”
How the AP top 25 fared
Associated Press Poll for week of November 5.
All games played November 9.
Team: Last week: This week:
1. Oklahoma lost to Texas A&M 30-26 at Baylor
2. Miami (Fla.) beat Tennessee 26-3 Pittsburgh
3. Ohio State beat Purdue 10-6 at Illinois
4. Texas beat baylor 41-0 at Texas Tech
5. Washington State beat Oregon 32-21 Idle
6. Iowa beat Northwestern 62-10 at Minnesota
7. Georgia beat Mississippi 31-17 at Auburn
8. Virginia Tech lost to Syracuse 50-42 West Virginia
9. Notre Dame beat Navy 30-23 Idle
10. Southern Cal. beat Stanford 49-17 Arizona State
11. Alabama beat Vanderbilt 30-8 at Louisiana State
12. Kansas State beat Iowa State 58-7 Nebraska
13. Michigan beat Minnesota 41-24 Wisconsin
14. North Carolina State lost to Maryland 24-21 at Virginia
15. Oregon lost to Washington State 32-21 Washington
16. Louisiana State beat Kentucky 33-30 Alabama
17. Florida State beat Georgia Tech 21-13 North Carolina
18. Colorado beat Missouri 42-35 Iowa State
19. Penn State beat Virginia 35-14 at Indiana
20. Bowling Green lost to Northern Illinois 26-17 at Northern Illinois
21. Iowa State lost to Kansas State 58-7 at Colorado
22. Pittsburgh beat temple 29-22 at Miami
23. Florida beat Vanderbilt 21-17 South Carolina
24. Colorado State beat Air Force 31-12 at San Diego State
25. Arizona State lost to California 55-38 at Southern Cal.