Tech stock crashes: Georgia Tech had won three straight games against archrival Georgia. Saturday, the Bulldogs got some payback.

Tailback Verron Haynes, who is filling in for an injured Musa Smith, rushed for 207 yards on 39 carries as the Bulldogs upended the Yellow Jackets, 31-17, in Atlanta. Georgia put the game away on Tim Wansley”s 28-yard interception return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter.

Golden Doomed: A year ago, Notre Dame surprised people by amassing a 9-2 record and earning a bid to the Fiesta Bowl. Unfortunately for the school”s the Irish didn”t have nearly as much luck this year

Stanford toppled Notre Dame, 17-13, on a wet field in Palo Alto on Saturday. The loss drops the Fighting Irish to 4-6 and ensures that they won”t qualify for a bowl game this year, much to the chagrin of football fans everywhere.

Sometimes you feel like a Nutt: Following his team”s 41-38 loss at Louisiana State on Friday, Arkansas coach Houston Nutt said, “I think LSU realizes that they are lucky.”

Nutt has a point the Tigers are fortunate that Arkansas doesn”t have a defense. The Razorbacks allowed Louisiana State tailback LaBrandon Toefield to run for 173 yards and three touchdowns.

If the Tigers can knock off Auburn next weekend, they will win the SEC Western Division crown.