The African Students Association will host its 17th annual Sister Africa Culture Show on Friday at the Michigan Theater.

“The purpose of our show this year is to showcase how African culture impacted other cultures from around the world,” said LSA senior Olubisi Ajetunmobi, president of ASA.

Emceed by prominent African comedian Foxy P, the event will showcase a variety of performances highlighting African culture and its influence around the world. In addition to a fashion show and performances by University dance groups, the event will feature a performance by the Kenyan Zuzu Acrobats, an acrobatic team that previously competed on “America’s Got Talent.”

According to Ajetunmobi, the culture show started two years after the ASA was founded on campus in 1996 and has been an annual installment since. The culture show was originally a smaller event in the Michigan Union, but has since expanded considerably and has been hosted in the Power Center for the past two years.

This year, ASA is moving the production to the Michigan Theater in hopes that the new location will allow for further expansion.

The culture show will also include Amala, Oga Boys and Brazilian Capoeira dance performances. Additionally, many prominent fashion designers, singers, musicians and poets from all over the nation will showcase their work.

“We just hope that students who come to the show see that there’s more to Africa than what they see on the news or on TV,” Ajetunmobi said. “We also want to show how impactful Africa is to so many cultures around the world.”

ASA is co-sponsoring the event with the Office of Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs, Central and LSA student governments and the Multicultural Councils in most residence halls.

Tickets are $5 for students and $8 for non-students. However, students can attend the show for free if they pick up a Passport to the Arts ticket in any residence hall or at the New Student Programs center in the LSA Building.