There are two weeks until Thanksgiving, and there’s already snow in the forecast. I hope you all got your winter parkas over fall break and are ready for what the news is predicting to be the Polar Vortex times ten. Here are some activities to get you excited for the rapid change in temperature before you hibernate for the winter.

1. Go to a Hockey Game
Football season is coming to an end, so it’s time to get fired up for hockey season. Whether you head down to the Joe Louis Arena for a Red Wings game or stay here and bleed maize and blue at Yost Ice Arena, you’re sure to have a great time. Get an early start to your winter bucket list by cheering on the Wolverines Nov. 14 against American International.

2. See the Wild Lights show
Starting Nov. 22, the Detroit Zoo will open their gates for an amazing lights show. From 5:30 to 9 p.m. for the select 24 days, more than five million LED lights will illuminate the zoo’s trees, buildings and animal sculptures. There will also be live entertainment and ice carving to add to the event.

3. Go Ice Skating
Need an excuse to casually cling onto your crush from Math 115? Invite him or her to go skating at Yost Ice Arena. It’s like the winter version of a scary movie, but without being so cliché. Just pretend to fall and hey, look, all of a sudden you’re holding hands. If you’re looking to get away from campus, check out the outdoor skating rink at Campus Martius in Detroit. Surrounded by Christmas trees and good restaurants, it’s a perfect spot for a wintertime date or a night out with friends. Their preview weekend is this Friday, and the rink officially opens Nov. 22. So grab some hot chocolate and head down to the D for a good time.