The temperature is finally above 40 degrees and the Diag is underwater. Spring has sprung in Ann Arbor and it’s time to do something fun. If you’re ready to break out of your winter hibernation, here are some things you can do this weekend to embrace the new season.

FRIDAY, MARCH 13
If you find yourself with some post-midterms free time, start reading the popular “Divergent” trilogy before the film adaption of the sequel, “Insurgent,” hits theaters next Friday, March 20. The series follows 16-year-old Beatrice “Tris” Prior as she endures a society in a future dystopian Chicago that categorizes people into five factions and eliminates those who exercise independence from the system. While you’re at it, if you can’t get enough of the Divergent universe, you might also want to re-watch the film version of the first book, “Divergent.”

SATURDAY, MARCH 14
Looking for a culture fix? The Detroit Institute of Arts will open its exhibition on the year 20th-century Mexican artists Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo spent in Detroit. The exhibition will open Saturday evening and guests are encouraged to wear rebozos, bright colors and flowers. The opening will include appetizers and entertainment by Mariachi Gallos de Oro and Ballet Folklorico Mayocoyani Izel. Tickets can be purchased online for $25.

SUNDAY, MARCH 15
After spending the school year fundraising, the efforts of the University’s Dance Marathon will finally culminate in its 18th annual fundraising rave this weekend. Throughout the year, the organization has been raising money to support therapy programs at the University’s C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital and William Beaumont Children’s Hospital in Royal Oak. Beginning Saturday at 2 p.m., hundreds of students will stand for 24 hours as they dance and play with children who are benefiting from the raised money. If you’re not already participating, make sure you stop by to support your friends at DMUM.