Super Bowl Sunday has arrived! Here are four things to do to prepare yourselves for the showdown between the New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks in the University of Phoenix Stadium.

Eat lots of food. Lots of it

Everybody looks for an excuse to splurge and nix that restricting diet for a day, so why not do it for the Super Bowl? Restaurants and food joints always have great deals for Super Bowl Sunday, especially in Ann Arbor. Take advantage of those great deals and eat to your heart’s content. Whether it’s takeout from your favorite barbecue joint or a simple box of pizza, grab something you like and munch on it during the game! After all, the only thing better than watching a football game is eating while you’re doing it.

Don’t watch the Super Bowl, watch the Puppy Bowl

Let’s be honest: for some, watching large men tackle each other for fun isn’t always the most pleasant sight. If you’re a little fainter at heart, skip the Super Bowl and watch the Puppy Bowl! Let the spectacle of puppies of all kinds nonsensically running around warm your heart.

Throw a watch party!

What better way to spend the Super Bowl than to spend it with friends? Throw a little soirée and invite some good friends to enjoy those funny Super Bowl commercials with. Not the party type? No problem, there are a lot of places where you can enjoy the football game in a more lively setting. Going to a restaurant like Buffalo Wild Wings is a great way to enjoy the game with friends and eat good food, too.

Prepare for Katy Perry

Katy Perry is scheduled to perform at this year’s halftime show Sunday and fireworks are surely going to go off. I suggest a 48-hour binge session on all of her classics from “One of the Boys,” “Teenage Dream” and “Prism” to make sure you get the full halftime experience. Bonus points for prepping yourselves for Idina Menzel’s performance of the national anthem and John Legend’s predictably heart-stopping rendition of “America the Beautiful.”