Fall is officially here in Michigan, so instead of moping around over the end of summer weather, get outside and take in all that Ann Arbor has to offer this fall. No matter what you are interested in — from squirrel-feeding to opera — there are plenty of activities to ring in this season of apples, donuts, cider, football and great weather.

Comedy

This weekend, The Second City comedy troupe will be in town. This improv-based sketch comedy group serves as a training ground for great comedians. Just ask Tina Fey, Chris Farley or Stephen Colbert! This is a great opportunity for procrastination while having a laugh with friends. Tickets are $20 for students, which is a great deal to watch future celebrities poke some fun at you and your friends. The Second City will perform at The Ark at 8 p.m. on Sept. 26 and 27.

WeatherFest

For all you out-of-state students worrying about the weather Michigan delivers, especially the snow and polar vortexes, visit the WeatherFest this Sunday, Sept. 28, on the Diag from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Meet weather and climate enthusiasts from organizations such as the National Weather Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and more to discuss climate change. The event will feature fun weather activities and opportunities to network with the nation’s leading meteorologists, climatologists and physical scientists. For all you interested in pursuing a career in the natural sciences, this is a must, and for those of you who just want to learn more about the climate, this is a great way to get out and enjoy the weather while we still can.

Cider Mill

One of the greatest qualities of Ann Arbor in the fall is the abundance of cider and donuts available to be consumed at all times. Check out the Dexter Cider Mill or the famous Wiard’s Orchards in Ypsilanti. If you are carless, there is an Ann Arbor bus route that goes to the Dexter Cider Mill — all you need is your Mcard to enjoy the delicious aromas of fall. Once you have arrived at the cider mill, stay awhile and enjoy the off-campus atmosphere for a bit of stress relief before returning to campus and the mountains of work you have to do.

As always, there is plenty to do in and around Ann Arbor, so spread your wings and try some new activities this fall!