Students will have a chance to immerse themselves in Polish culture on Saturday evening at the Polish Student Association’s eighth annual Wolverine Charity Ball. The event is from 7 p.m. to midnight at the Michigan League Ballroom.

The Polish Student Association works to create to an environment that embraces Polish culture around campus.

The ball will include a dance party featuring Polish and American music along with a Polish folk dance performance by the Polanie Song and Dance ensemble. The event will also include a three-course meal, Polish trivia questions and a silent auction featuring donations from local businesses.

Each year, the Polish Student Association raises funds for local charities through the ball, and this year, proceeds from the event will benefit Therapeutic Riding, Inc. The nonprofit organization provides horseback riding lessons for people with disabilities.

LSA senior Maya Adamczyk, president of the Polish Student Association, said approximately 175 people have bought tickets for the event.

“We are happy to have members of the Ann Arbor Polish Film Festival Committee, Polish American Congress, Friends of Polish Art and members of the Chicago and Detroit Polish communities attending the event,” Adamczyk wrote in an e-mail to The Michigan Daily.

The charity ball is the Polish Student Association’s largest event of the year.

“It is a time to celebrate friendships, both new and old, as well as to embrace our Polish heritage and to reach out to a local charity or organization,” said Kinesiology senior Aniela Sosnowski, another Polish Student Association member.