If you’re looking to take advantage of the roughly two remaining weeks of summer warmth, here are a few things to do before students are stuck in coats for the rest of the school year.

1. Lay out on the Diag.

The Diag is one of the most beautiful spots on campus when it’s in full bloom. There will be many opportunities this winter to hole up in the UGLi, so instead, spend some time between classes lying out in the shade and catch up on reading. This is also a good location for group meetings.

2. Build a slip ‘n slide.

This is your last (and quite possibly only) chance to show off your bathing suit while on campus. Find some friends, a tarp and a hose to create a makeshift slip ‘n slide. This is quite possibly the most fun thing you could do with a large piece of plastic.

3. Kayak in the Arb.

The beginning of the school year is a great time to kayak on the Huron River. Many groups, such as Outdoor Adventures, have their own kayaking trips available to students. However, you could also grab some friends and rent your own kayaks. Argo Canoe Livery and Gallup Park Canoe Livery offer river trips down the Huron River.

4. Sports at Palmer.
Before Palmer Field is covered in snow, it’s a great location for any outdoor activity. Students can play soccer or Frisbee on the field, lounge on the hill or utilize the tennis courts before the nets are taken down.

5. Eat ice cream!
While this is not something you stop doing when it gets colder, warm weather is ice cream’s best companion. There are many ice cream and frozen yogurt places near campus including Ben and Jerry’s, Stucchi’s and Amer’s. Choose your favorite place and enjoy one of the last few warm days on campus.