FullSizeRender_3

It’s mystic, it’s magical and it will be reality for the Muggle world this weekend.

Courtesy of Michigan Quidditch

Saturday evening, in the Rogel Ballroom of the Michigan Union, the University Quidditch team will host its third annual Yule Ball. The dance event, which is open to all students, will run from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m, with the doors closing at 11 p.m.

The Yule Ball, inspired by J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series, has drawn hundreds of students each year since its inception, even selling out in its 2013 debut. It’s the team’s largest fundraiser of the year, with the proceeds supporting their quest to attend this year’s World Cup in Rock Hill, South Carolina.

The dance also allows the Quidditch team to reach out to the student body.

“This is an important even for our team because it is our chance to connect with the University community and show them what our team is about,” said LSA senior and University Quidditch President Margaret Burns. “We normally do not have many home games for students to watch, and we practice off campus, so we do not always get to interact with students as much as we would like to.”

Tickets will be on sale from 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at the door, or students can purchase pre-sale tickets through the Michigan Union Ticket Office, both in person or online.

The ball will include performances from the G-Men, an all-male a cappella group, as well as the Friars, a subgroup of the Men’s Glee Club.

Quidditch team players will also be performing. Two players may perform a Harry Potter-themed rap and another team member will showcase magic tricks throughout the show. Students can also get their fortune told by two tarot card readers.

“We as a team are huge fans of the Friars and G-Men,” Burns said. “And we also want to showcase some of the cool talents our team has.”