THURSDAY
3:30 p.m. “The Imitation Game” at the Michigan Theater
Up for multiple Academy Awards, including Best Picture, this historical thriller is sure to impress all audiences. Starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley, you have no excuse not to see it.

7 p.m. Men’s Basketball versus Iowa at the Crisler Center
Start your weekend off with what’s sure to be one of the best basketball games of the year, which, in my extremely expert sports opinion, we actually have a chance of winning!

8 p.m. Derek Richards Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase
As the butt of most of my sister’s sarcastic jokes, I have had to learn how to appreciate her sense of humor. And thank goodness, because otherwise I think this show would have me crying in the corner. Come watch Derek Richards hopefully not make fun of me this Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.

FRIDAY
8 p.m. “Steel Magnolias”: Purple Rose Theater Company
Watch a live production of Robert Harling’s show about a small, southern town. The play follows six strong female characters through their best days and their worst. Ticket prices vary: check out purplerosetheatre.org to get yours!

9 p.m. Friday Night Swing at Phoenix Center
Come practice your Charleston with the Ann Arbor Swing Dance Association and the Ann Arbor Community of Traditional Music and Dance. Blues dancing will follow at 11:30 p.m. Don’t worry if you’re a little rusty on your East Coast swing, there are lessons for beginers preceding the party at 8 p.m.

SATURDAY
8 p.m. “Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History” musical performance at Walgreen Drama Center, Stamps Auditorium
Watch and listen as Martha Sheil, associate professor of voice, performs songs about great women in history, including Mary Queen of Scots and Anne Boleyn.

12 a.m. Midnight Movies, State Theatre
This week, State Theatre will screen Albert Magnoli’s “Purple Rain.” In this cult classic, Prince stars as a Minneapolis band’s front man with a terrible home life. The musical drama won an Academy Award for best original song score, and was nominated for two Razzie Awards.

SUNDAY
1:30 p.m. Family-Friendly Film Series, Michigan Theater
Need a break from studying? Want to become more culturally literate to impress your grandparents? Never been able to contribute to conversations about Charlie Chaplin? Well, I have a solution for you. Come watch the silent and comedic Charlie Chaplin shorts at the Michigan Theater. Tickets are $8 for students.

1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Zingerman’s Coffee Company “Comparative Cupping”
Love coffee? Looking for a new way to perk up your morning? For $30, you can head down to Zingerman’s Coffee Company this Sunday afternoon to try samples of coffee from all over the world.