No. 22 Missouri 81, No. 8 Virginia 77: Missouri answered some of the questions that arose after a humbling loss to archrival Kansas.

Kareem Rush rebounded from one of his worst games of the season to score 26 points in yesterday”s win.

“I”m not going to fall into “The sky is falling and now all of the sudden it”s 85 and sunny,” Missouri coach Quin Snyder said. “I think we can play better, but it”s good to be able to come tomorrow to practice and have that to say, “Hey, we did that.””

Marquette 74, No. 4 Cincinnati 60: Marquette dealt Cincinnati its worst loss in five years by beating the Bearcats at their own game.

The Golden Eagles used a tenacious defense and a guard-heavy offense to end the nation”s longest winning streak at 20.

Rutgers 82, No. 20 Syracuse 74: Ranked teams are bringing out the best in Jerome Coleman and Rutgers.

Coleman scored 22 of his 27 points in the second half, posting his second straight career best in Rutgers” upset on Saturday.

The win over a ranked team was the second straight for new coach Gary Watters and the Scarlet Knights, marking the first time that”s happened in school history.

Rutgers beat No. 22 Connecticut last Wednesday night.

“I think this is the most fun I”ve had in my life,” said Rutgers senior center Rashod Kent.

Michigan State 67, No. 12 Illinois 61: Marcus Taylor carried Michigan State in the first half, and the Spartans managed to carry on without him down the stretch.

Taylor, Michigan State”s leading scorer, left yesterday”s game against No. 12 Illinois with a concussion after banging his head on the court.

Adam Ballinger took over, scoring 18 points for the Spartans. The win over Illinois ended its 28-game home winning streak.

“That was as big a win that we”ve had in a lot of years,” Michigan State coach Tom Izzo said. “We played just as good defensively as we can play.”

Compiled from the Associated Press.