Wisconsin 64, No. 25 Michigan State 63: Unfortunately for the Spartans, college basketball has rules in place to prevent a timekeeper from determining the result of a game.

Michigan State appeared to win on an alley-oop layup by Kelvin Torbert with two-tenths of a second left.

But after the students were cleared from the court, it became clear that their celebration was premature.

The officials made the decision not to count Torbert”s basket after they watched television replays and determined that the clock did not start at the proper time.

“We got just about what we deserved,” said Michigan State coach Tom Izzo.

The loss ended the Spartans” 53-game home winning streak. Until Saturday, no player on Michigan State”s roster had lost a game at home.

No. 11 UCLA 87, No. 1 Kansas 77: After allowing cross-town rival Southern Cal to snag 23 offensive boards, the Bruins rebounded nicely with an upset of Kansas, which passed Duke for the No. 1 spot last week.

Fans stormed center court at Pauley Pavilion, dancing and jumping in celebration of UCLA”s first victory over a top-ranked team at home since Dec. 1, 1986, when the Bruins beat North Carolina.

Indiana 77, No. 13 Iowa 66: The Hawkeyes” star players, guard Luke Recker and center Reggie Evans, weren”t at full strength yesterday and Indiana took advantage, moving to 4-0 and first-place in the Big Ten with a clutch road victory.

Recker, who played his first two seasons at Indiana, scored just two points in the first half and finished with 12 before fouling out with 38 seconds left. He has been bothered by a hip flexor and did not practice this week.

Evans, averaging 18.3 points, scored only seven, a season low. He has been slowed by a head cold.

Georgetown 70, No. 16 Boston College 43: Standout guard Ryan Sidney left with a sprained ankle in the first half, and Boston College”s offense disappeared with him.

Georgetown center Mike Sweetney had 15 points and 11 rebounds, as the Hoyas snapped their four-game losing streak in dramatic fashion.

Ohio State 55, Northwestern 48: Ohio State maintained its undefeated Big Ten record, scoring the game”s first six points and never trailing.

Brian Brown had 13 points and Zach Williams added 12 for the Buckeyes.

Northwestern made just 11-of-22 from the free-throw line and had 18 turnovers in the game.