No. 11 Kentucky 79, North Carolina 59: Kentucky coach Tubby Smith has seen Tayshaun Prince take over games before.

But even Smith had to shake his head after his senior All-American made seven first-half 3-pointers including six straight in the first eight minutes as the No. 11 Wildcats dominated North Carolina 79-59 on Saturday.

“That was just unbelievable,” Smith said. “I”ve never seen anybody do that. He was possessed.”

Prince tied a career high with 31 points, finishing 7-for-11 from behind the 3-point line, and grabbed 11 rebounds as Kentucky (5-1) became the first school to win 1,800 games.

“It was unbelievable, especially playing against a team like North Carolina,” said Prince, who had his second straight double-double. “As a little kid, you dream about these games.

North Carolina State 82, No. 9 Syracuse 68: Every time Syracuse tried to rally past North Carolina State, Anthony Grundy slammed the door.

Grundy scored 26 points, including nine in less than three minutes late in the second half, as North Carolina State beat the ninth-ranked Orangemen 82-68 on Saturday night.

For a team that has been giving five freshmen plenty of playing time, it was an important victory. And it came in front of 20,150 screaming Syracuse fans, who saw their Orangemen lose for the first time after nine consecutive victories.

It”s only the second time the Wolfpack (7-2) has beaten a top-10 team on the road in Herb Sendek”s five years as coach.

“They just wanted it more than us,”said Syracuse”s Hakim Warrick said.”