Friday 10.28.05

John Edwards

2004 Democratic vice-presidential nominee John Edwards will visit the University to conclude his Opportunity Rocks Tour. The event will take place at 11 a.m. at the Michigan League Ballroom. Tickets are free and can be obtained at http://projectopportunity.org/tour-2005/tickets/.

Chamber Choir

Led by Jerry Blackstone, the choir will perform pieces from Whitacre and Billings. The performance will take place at 8 p.m. at Hill Auditorium. The show is free and no tickets are required.

Octubafest

As part of a three-day celebration, Octubafest features tuba players from the School of Music. Tomorrow, works from Mozart and Rossini will be featured. On Saturday, the University of Michigan Euphonium and Tuba Ensemble will perform works from “Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark” and “Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones,” among others. Performances both days will take place at the Britton Recital Hall. The performances are free and no tickets are required.

Saturday 10.29.05

King’s Singers

The English a cappella group will perform a wide variety of songs from different eras. The performance will take place at 8 p.m. at Hill Auditorium. Tickets are $10-38 and can be purchased at the Michigan Union Ticket Office.

The Bang!

The Blind Pig will host The Bang!’s four-year Anniversary/Halloween Bang! – a dance night – this Saturday. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. $7 cover. $10 for under 21. 18 and over only.

Sunday 10.30.05

Halloween Concert

The University Symphony Orchestra and the University Philharmonic Orchestra will perform in two shows and invite guests to wear their Halloween costumes. The performances will take place at 4:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. at Hill Auditorium. Tickets are $7-10 and can be purchased at the Michigan League Ticket Office.