Friday 09.30.05

Pit Stop Challenge

Staff from Shell will be on hand as teams of three will compete to have the fastest time in changing the tire of a Formula One race car. The event will take place on the North Campus Diag from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free.

Comedy Night

Preacher Moss, who is touring with “Allah Made Me Funny,” will deliver his unique blend of Islam and comedy. The event will take place in the Pendleton Room in the Michigan Union, starting at 7:45. Free for students, $5 for non-students.

Symphony Band

Conductor Michael Haithcock will conduct the University Symphony Band, performing works from Strauss, Bach and Wagner, among others. The concert will take place at Hill Auditorium beginning at 8 p.m. The event is free and no tickets are required.

Saturday 10.01.05

New Orleans Benefit

Dance group Element 1 is sponsoring a dance-off for any dancers on campus, with proceeds benefiting the Red Cross and Hurricane Katrina victims. The event will take place at the Intramural Sports Building, beginning at 7 p.m. Free.

Sonny Rollins

Jazz icon Sonny Rollins will show off his diverse musical history while playing the tenor saxophone. The concert will take place at Hill Auditorium, beginning at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10-$54 and can be purchased at the Michigan Union Ticket Office.

Broadway Tribute

Students in the Musical Theatre Department will perform a variety of songs and showtunes from the ’80s. The event will take place in the Michigan League Underground, beginning at 8:30 p.m. Free.

Kamikaze Theater

The RC Players present this innovative concept, where an entire play is written and produced starting 24 hours before the show. The play will take place in the RC Auditorium at East Quad beginning at 8 p.m. Free.

Sunday 10.02.05

University Symphony Orchestra

The orchestra will perform works from Mozart and Schumann, among others. The performance will take place at Hill Auditorium beginning at 8 p.m. Free.

Culture Bus

The Culture Bus, presented by Arts at Michigan, will travel to the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts and the Kalamazoo Nature Center. The bus will depart from the University Museum of Art at 10 a.m. Cost is $10 for undergrads, and $12 for faculty, staff, and graduate students.