Given reader feedback on his popular, self-titled website, www.tuckermax.com, it’s obvious scores of impressionable undergrads and professionals alike regard Tucker Max as some kind of liquor-guzzling, skirt-chasing god.

Jess Cox
Tucker Max has a student do push-ups at Scorekeepers yesterday night. (NOAH KORN/Daily)

They had chance to pay homage as Max was in town last night at Scorekeeper’s from 6 to 8 to promote his book, “I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell.”

The 30-year-old Duke Law School graduate-turned-writer claimed his various stories aren’t that unbelievable to anyone else his age.

“I’d say this to any 19-year-old: You don’t have any idea what you’re talking about in terms of life. When you’re 30 years old, you’re not going to think my stories are incredibly unbelievable,” Max said. This is assuming that by 30 you not only have a decent set of drunken road trip stories, augmented by sexual exploits that run the gamut from disgusting to impressive often featuring spectacular details involving bodily expulsions.

Honestly, it’s questionable whether Max shooting his load in front of a Las Vegas crowd unbeknownst to his partner – but not to the burly, 6’5″ bouncer – is more outrageous than vomiting behind a girl’s bed and evading discovery even after her dog consumes and later violently shits the vomit all over the carpet.

It’s not hard to envy him, dislike him or – if you’re of a select breed – write hate mail decrying, “No just God would allow someone like you to exist.” (For that lucky detractor, the specific quotation made it onto the book jacket of “Beer In Hell.”)

But it’s near impossible to deny Max’s increasing popularity.

Previous stops on his RV-led book tour have averaged more than 100 fans at each location, though Max has had little press or publisher support. In addition, he claimed he makes between $10,000 and $15,000 each month writing, touring, drinking and fucking for TuckerMax.com and the recently published “Beer In Hell.”

He started documenting his various exploits three-and-a-half-years ago online. Unfortunately, before his site, there was a brief dalliance with fiction.

“When I first started writing, I started off writing fiction and it was terrible. I’m awful at writing fiction . The (stories) are all kind of wincingly bad,” Max said. “They’re overwritten, with too much detail in certain places, not enough in other places (and) I kind of write the way I think I’m supposed to write and not in my voice.”

If you choose to locate these early attempts – tucked away but still available on his website – they’re clearly influenced by his real-life misadventures. Since establishing his nonfiction writing career, characterized by drunken outbursts, caustic sarcasm and chronological timestamps, Max has drawn comparisons to Hunter S. Thompson and Charles Bukowski. He said he has read little of either author’s work, citing Dave Eggers and John Kennedy Toole as influences. Thucydides’s “History of the Peloponnesian War” is one of his favorite books, credited alongside Chuck Palahniuk’s “Fight Club” on his online list of book favorites.

But those who only idolize him for his debauched episodes and way with women need not fear a shift to the highbrow: You’ll still be able to discuss his book’s aptly titled chapter “The Blowjob Follies.”

“I tend to engage people on their level, or maybe within somewhere close to that level. So if someone wants to come up and talk about lowbrow things, I talk about low-brow things. If someone can talk about the Melian Dialogue, I’ll talk about the Melian Dialogue with them,” Max said.

Reviled by conservatives and championed by college kids as a modern-day Dionysus, Max is notoriously blunt. This surely served him well in Ann Arbor.

“Chicago is where all the Big Ten people go to live after undergrad. I can tell you after dealing with Ohio State people and Michigan people, there’s no question there’s a difference in my mind – Michigan kids are way, way, way smarter,” said Max, a graduate of the University of Chicago. “Ohio State kids, whatever, they’re fine – they’re like fucking doofuses. Michigan kids tend to be, on average, fairly intelligent.”

Tucker Max Book Signing
Wednesday
At Scorekeepers