The University is a place full of tradition. This year, we celebrate the 90th anniversary of the School of Social Work and the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps. The University also sends a large number of students to the Teach for American program. It’s obvious that the University has upheld this tradition of giving back.

On Nov. 13, Circle K International at the University of Michigan — the largest Circle K club in the world — is calling on students, faculty, friends and the Kiwanis Family to join them in their largest event of the year: Circle K Service Day.

Circle K Service Day is 24 hours of continuous service projects. Currently, there are 117 service projects set up in the 24-hour time span in collaboration with many campus organizations including Dance Marathon, the Detroit Partnership, K-grams, MPowered and more. Circle K Service Day has a goal to collaborate with 50 student organizations and exceed 2,400 service hours with 500 total participants.

This event requires the campus community to take initiative and volunteer time to Ann Arbor and Detroit. With 24 hours of community service projects of varying durations, anyone can easily find a project that interests them and fits their schedule. Projects focus on children, health, the elderly, hunger, housing and the environment. You can find all 117 service projects at the website and anyone can sign up at umcirclek.org/serviceday. The process is very simple, which reflects the entire message of Circle K Service Day that service can be done at any place and time.

All in all, Circle K encourages finding people in need in the community and doing something about it. Circle K Service Day will expose the entire campus to that mindset. Ultimately, the event brings all different walks of campus together and gives students a chance to give back to their community. Commit to volunteering your time tomorrow to continue the prevalent tradition of service.

Natalie Kittikul is the president of Circle K.