Peter Baker, a long-time journalist and well-known Washington, D.C. reporter, will be giving a speech on campus today about the new presidential administration and the issues that it faces.

The address, titled “President Obama and the First 100 Days,” will focus on the challenges and pressing questions the Obama administration will encounter in its first few months in office.

Baker, a White House correspondent for The New York Times, is giving the talk as part of being awarded the 2008 Gerald R. Ford Journalism Prize for Distinguished Reporting on the Presidency. He received this honor for “The Imperiled Presidency,” a series he wrote while with the Washington Post.

Baker is a long-time Washington veteran. During his 20 years at the Post, he helped break and cover stories like the Monica Lewinsky scandal and Bill Clinton’s impeachment, as well as the second term of the George W. Bush presidency. He is often consulted for his knowledge of D.C. politics and appears on many television and radio shows, like “Washington Week” on PBS.

The talk will be held at 7:30 p.m., at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library, located on North Campus at 1000 Beal Ave. After Baker gives his speech, the floor will be opened for questions and discussion. Event admission and parking are free and the event will be followed by a reception.