University Students Against Cancer will sponsor its second annual fundraiser tonight at the Millennium Club, also known as the Cavern Club or Gotham City. Proceeds will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and will benefit the group’s sponsor child, Lisa, a 13-year-old girl from Chelsea, who is suffering from acute myeloid leukemia.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation allows terminally ill children to realize childhood dreams with their families. Last year, the group raised $2,500 to send a child named Sean to several stock car races through Make-A-Wish.

USAC Vice President Lisa Yang, an LSA junior, said the group has received significant support from several campus groups.

“We distributed 5,000 flyers around campus with the assistance of campus chapters of Golden Key and Phi Sigma Rho. … The Michigan ice hockey team contributed $100 and the Engineering Council donated $250,” she said.

“This is such a worthwhile event and we spent as much time as humanly possible putting it together.”

Yang also said that the event should appeal to students who like to hang out because of its location.

“We’re really excited. The Millennium Club is popular with students anyway and it’s not much of a stretch to ask people to party for charity,” she said.

“This is a good opportunity for students who like to hang out to do so while helping a worthy cause.”

Tickets can be purchased before the event in the Michigan Union basement or at the door for $10. The proceeds from all tickets purchased presale will go to Make-A-Wish. People buying tickets at the door will have to request that their ticket costs be donated to Make-A-Wish.

Yang said that local R&B group Lady Sunshine and the popular campus deejay group Komposit will perform.

Yang is pleased with the event’s success in the past and hopes that it can continue to grow in coming years. “Last year, we were at Caf