A timeline of Brady Hoke’s four-year tenure as Michigan’s head football coach. Hoke was fired today, according to Sam Webb of scout.com.

File Photo/Daily
Brandon introduces Hoke as Michigan’s new head coach in January 2011.

Jan. 11, 2011: Brady Hoke introduced as Michigan’s coach: Former University Athletic Director Dave Brandon named Hoke the 19th coach in the program’s 131-year history.

“He is a terrific coach and will be a great ambassador and leader for our football program,” Brandon said in a statement. “We look forward to having him build a championship program on the field and in the classroom.”

Jan. 12, 2011: Hoke’s introductory press conference: “This is an elite job and will continue to be an elite job,” he said. “This is Michigan, for God’s sakes.”

Sept. 10, 2011: Under the Lights: Before a then-record crowd of 114,804, the Wolverines scored 28 points in the fourth quarter to beat Notre Dame, 35-31, in the first official night game at Michigan Stadium.

“It’s a great win for Michigan,” Hoke said after the win. “We have so many great players who have played here, played in this rivalry. It’s just a lot of fun.”

Nov. 26, 2011: Michigan beats ‘Ohio’: The Wolverines topped Ohio State for the first time in eight years, riding a balanced performance by Denard Robinson to win, 40-34. The result made Hoke the first Michigan coach since Fielding H. Yost to win 10 games in his first season.

Jan. 3, 2012: Wolverines win the Sugar Bowl: Junior Hemingway snagged a pair of touchdown passes, and Michigan caught a break on an overturned Hokies touchdown catch in overtime. Placekicker Brendan Gibbons connected on a 37-yard field goal to give the Wolverines their first BCS bowl win since 2000.

Sept. 1, 2012: Disaster in Dallas: Alabama 41, Michigan 14: National championship aspirations deflated before they ever really began. The Crimson Tide scored 21 first-quarter points and never looked back.

Nov. 24, 2012: Ohio State 26, Michigan 21: After jumping out to a 21-20 halftime lead, the Wolverines stagnated and were shut out in the second half in the first meeting between Hoke and Ohio State’s Urban Meyer.

Nov. 30, 2013: Ohio State 42, Michigan 41: The Wolverines were expected to not have a chance against the undefeated Buckeyes, but the game came down to the final moments. Michigan scored with 32 seconds left to bring the score to within one. Hoke then consulted the team’s seniors, who decided to go for a two-point conversion. The attempt failed, and the Wolverines couldn’t recover the ensuing onside kick.

The loss capped a 2-5 skid to end the regular season.

Dec. 20, 2013: Gibbons ‘permanently separated’ from the University: According to documents obtained by The Michigan Daily, Gibbons was “permanently separated” from the University for violating the University’s Student Sexual Misconduct Policy. The kicker missed the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl for what Hoke called a “family matter.”

Sept. 6, 2014: Michigan shut out by Notre Dame: The Wolverines lost to the Fighting Irish, 31-0, in South Bend. The loss snapped Michigan’s NCAA record streak of having gone 365 games without being blanked. The previous time the Wolverines had been shut out was Oct. 20, 1984, when Michigan fell to Iowa, 26-0.

Sept. 27, 2014: Shane Morris controversy: Hoke failed to remove sophomore Shane Morris from Michigan’s game against Minnesota despite the quarterback wobbling on the field following a helmet-to-helmet hit. Hoke sent a statement the following day saying Morris had sustained only a leg injury. On Tuesday morning at 12:52 a.m., Brandon issued a statement saying Morris had been diagnosed with a “probable, mild concussion.”

Oct. 31, 2014: Dave Brandon resigns: Amidst public pressure from students, alumni and donors, Brandon stepped down from his position as athletic director. The decision came days after MGoBlog.com published a series of e-mail exchanges between Brandon and supporters that came across as insensitive. University President Mark Schlissel named Jim Hackett interim athletic director.

Nov. 29, 2014: Hoke’s last stand: Michigan lost, 42-28, to Ohio State in Hoke’s final game as coach. The Wolverines fell to 5-7 with the loss, sealing their fate as the third Michigan team in 40 years to not make a bowl game.

Dec. 2, 2014: Hoke is fired: Hoke was fired as Michigan’s football coach after meeting with Interim Athletic Director Jim Hackett.