One fish, two fish
Red fish, Blue fish
Did you ever fly a kite in bed?
Did you ever walk with ten cats on your head?
–Dr. Seuss

With over 800 organizations to choose from, a student might possible find a club that includes both kite flying and cat balancing here on campus. Today, in order to make it easier to find even the most exotic student group, the Diag will play host to its annual Festifall.

The campus will be brimming with opportunities for students to get involved. An array of more than 300 student groups will line campus sidewalks and interested students will have the opportunity to learn more about club sports teams, leadership assemblies, religious groups, community service organizations, academic fraternities, social sororities, cultural associations, global activism and artistic expression.

Festifall and all its related hoopla will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and its Central Campus location makes it an easy stop for students who have a few minutes or a few hours to spare between classes. While organizations reel in students with loud music and handouts, students truly interested in a club’s purpose or schedule should feel free to ask members working at the booth or sign-up on a club’s e-mail list to receive more information about a group. There is a group for nearly everyone and if not, hopefully students will become inspired to start their own organization.

Whether students are new fish or old fish, Festifall provides everyone with a great opportunity to find something unique to get involved in. One of the great aspects of the University is the diverse assortment of activities.

New students will find getting involved a refreshing way to meet new people and discover new ways of learning. Joining an organization at Festifall is an easy way to begin adjusting to student life at the University. Freshman in particular should not restrict themselves solely to activities they once enjoyed during high school; the possibilities during college are nearly endless.
Campus life makes it easy for returning students to settle into a particular schedule. However, even seniors might find a new way to get involved at Festifall. A new student group to invest time into might be just the invigorating change a returning student needs to break away from a mundane agenda.

Many students shy away from extra-curricular activities because they interfere with the classroom. However, the experiences students take away from outside involvement often surpass anything learned inside the classroom.

So, come one, come all to Festifall because today is the day where red fish and blue fish, old fish and new fish can all find something fun, something fulfilling, something worth spending time on. One never knows what might come from getting involved.