The Michigan men”s tennis club team made it a perfect fall.

The Wolverines swept all four singles matches and took one of two doubles matches from Eastern Michigan yesterday, winning the contest 5-1 and improving their record to 5-0.

Just two weeks after knocking off fellow Big Ten competitor Northwestern, Michigan relied on the solid singles play of No. 1 seed Nnamudi Amobi, second-seeded Sanjay Tamhane, third-seeded Jason Marentette and fourth-seeded Dave Thomas to quickly put away Eastern Michigan.

Amobi, who has not been beaten all year, won his match 6-0, 6-1. Tamhane rolled through his match 6-1, 6-1, Marentette won 6-3, 6-1, and Thomas had no problem in his match winning 6-0, 6-3.

“The club team has only been around for two years but we keep having more and more people try out and that only makes our team better,” co-president Thomas said after his match. “We”ve also established ourselves around the nation by the way we are winning.”

Marentette agreed that sometimes the competition within the team is stronger than when it competes against other universities. “I loved playing competitively in high school and playing club tennis is a great way to get back that competition,” he said. “Not only are the matches good, but the competition amongst the team members when we practice is really good competition too.”

Along with beating Northwestern, Michigan has also defeated such schools as Michigan State and Loyola -Chicago. Michigan was supposed to take on Penn State on Saturday but the match was canceled because Penn State could not get transportation to Ann Arbor.

While its schedule for the winter is not certain yet, Michigan expects to play around eight matches, including matches in Toronto and potential match against Duke.

Although tryouts for the team only take place in the fall, anyone who has questions about the team should contact Joanna Wu at joannaw@umich.edu.